Check out these backing tracks for you to jam along. backing tracks are built to improvise your instrument with it. they are like support tracks to whatever you play, or you can do just plain practice (Scales, Chords, Arpeggios) while staying in a particular key. Practicing with backing tracks will help you to get deeper understanding of your instrument, jam in every octave, every possible scale shape, start with any scale degree and find new techniques and discover new melodies, i’ll be glad if you share your improvisation track here.
Happy Improvisation 🙂
Noisemeker by TAL
(click on name to get download page)
Very much warm sounding traditional analogue-modeling synth.and also easy to use, it has 2 oscillator and 1 sub osc square with 3 LFOs, and effects are chorus and reverb. and with plenty presets to start with. highly recommended and one of the best free synths.
It has that typical software synthy type sound. good for techno, trance. With multimode filter oscillator and two panoramizables oscillators individually with a good assortment of waveforms basic convertible all in Dual (two forms of the same wave oscillator).bring back the era of 70s and 80s.
Industry stranded beat and sound shaping its best. you can make your sound with integrated multi-mode filter types lowpass, highpass , bandpass and bandstop filters.it is not only produce beats it got powerful engine to create ambient cinematic effects. This was very quick and technical and Why i am talking about only three? because talking about free synths could take my whole blog. But dont stop reading yet, i am giving a small list of names of free synths for you to check out. So download and enjoy music making.
Like in other areas of life productivity is important, the same way it is important when it comes to composing. Composing is creative process. And creativity can be time consuming. Creating something new means messing with lots of ideas. And if you don’t have some planned structure it can take forever to create something new. Here are some ways to reduce that time.
- Decide what and for whom you are going to compose today before actually sitting down. Just sitting in front of computer and pressing random chords and notes on midi keyboard not going to take you anywhere. Have a purpose or goal in mind. Is that a 30sec music or full 3 minute song? What structure will be needed? What instruments to use? What chord progression will go with melody Decide thing like these before turning on your DAW.
- Keep your samples and synths handy. Have your samples and sound folder structure in mind. You will not waste time in finding the right sound. If you need that reverse cymbal sound you should know where it is located in which folder and sub folder. When ideas are flowing it is not a good thing to searching the files in the mess.
- Be specific. Experimenting is good thing but it has its limits. You can mix n match instruments and styles forever. Be specific with genre choose instruments as per the genres requirement.it will also save your computer’s memory from loading heavy unwanted plugins and make your session heavy unnecessarily. And if you are going to use software synths know what synth is good for which sound.
- Practice not only composing but your theory and instrument playing. The more you practice the more you compose fast. If you got melody in mind you will quickly know what chords will fit. Also, you will reduce the takes while recording, by practicing your preferred instrument.
- Make schedule of daily composing time. It will help your creative mind to flow even more smoothly. Benefit of scheduling is your mind get in habit to use those hours fully and not thinking about other thoughts. And by practice your mind will also get active for composing ideas. If your schedule start at 5 for one or two hours, your mind will automatically get in the composing state between those hours.
- Take breaks! Productivity does not mean always working and torture your creative mind. It needs a long breath, go out, enjoy a cup of hot coffee, I prefer green tea (it’s amazing). That will generate new and fresh ideas
As on Wikipedia
Production music (also known as stock music or library music) is the name given to recorded music that can be licensed to customers for use in film, television, radio and other media Oftentimes, the music is produced and owned by production music libraries.
We hear production music everyday on TV or radio ads,documentaries,short films. the music used in movies is called “Background Score”that is totally different genre i will write the dedicated post on this subject. The purpose of this music is to support and elevate the content.